Video poker strategies
As noted, played optimally on a good paying game, Video Poker is one of the best returning games you can play.
Given the enormous number of possible first deal combinations, it is not practical to suggest every optimal hold determination for each first dealt hand. However, the rules below serve as a good general guide to playing Jacks or Better Video Poker.
- Hold any four cards to a straight flush.
- Hold any three cards to a royal flush.
- Hold any four cards to a flush.
- Hold any low pair (tens or lower).
- Hold any four-card consecutive straight.
- Hold any two high cards of the same suit.
- Hold any three cards to a straight flush.
- Hold J, Q, and K of different suites.
- Hold any two high cards of different suites.
- Hold J, Q or K with a Ten of the same suit.
- Hold any single high card.
- If you didn’t get dealt any of the above, draw five new cards.
And remember – you are playing against a machine, so take your time considering which cards you wish to hold before you call the second deal.